CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKE
with Irish cream cheese frosting
skip to recipe
WHY YOU'LL 🤍 THIS RECIPE!
- The cake is easy & one-bowl.
- The cake tastes fudge-y & chocolate-y.
- Irish cream cheese frosting is rich & decadent.
- It's perfect for a crowd!
find the recipe
- Sugar & powdered sugar
- Sour cream
- Canola oil
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda & salt
- Cream cheese
- Irish cream
full ingredient list
1. Whisk together the sugar, sour cream, & canola oil.
2. Then, add the eggs & vanilla extract.
3. Whisk for about 2 minutes until pale & thick.
BEER & DRY INGREDIENTS
1. Gently add the stout to the sugar-egg mixture.
2. Next, tip in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, & salt.
3. Whisk just until the batter comes together.
BAKE THE CAKE
1. Pour the batter into a prepared pan.
2. Bake the cake at 350°F for about 45-50 minutes.
3. Let the cake cool completely while you make the Irish cream cheese frosting.
IRISH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1. Beat the butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
2. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and Irish cream.
3. Frost the cooled cake.
WHAT KIND OF BEER SHOULD I USE?
I used Guinness (a famous Irish stout) but you can use any stout beer! If you can't find stout, use porter or another dark beer.
THIS DESSERT IS GREAT FOR...
- HOLIDAYS LIKE ST. PATRICK'S DAY OR CHRISTMAS
- DINNER PARTIES
- A FUN WEEKEND BAKE!
TO MAKE A LAYER IRISH CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKE
Making this recipe into a layer cake is super easy! Just bake the cake in two 8'' cake pans. Double the frosting to fill the layers & frost the outside.
layer cake instructions
HEY, I'M SARA LYNN!
At Sunday Table, we inspire others to find a love of cooking and entertaining through cozy, made-from-scratch recipes. Pull up a chair and and stay a while!
find more cozy recipes