CARDAMOM ORANGE CRÈME BRÛLÉE
with vanilla bean paste
skip to recipe
WHY YOU'LL 🤍 THIS RECIPE!
- It looks fancy but it's actually super easy to make!
- It's great for a dinner party or date nights at home.
- Orange, vanilla, and cardamom is the best flavor combo!
find the recipe
- Heavy whipping cream
- Egg yolks
- White sugar
- Orange liqueur
- Vanilla bean paste
full ingredient list
INFUSE THE CREAM
1. Peel the orange and add to a small saucepan.
2. Add the heavy cream and cook over medium-low heat.
3. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and infuse for 5-10 minutes.
WHISK THE EGGS
1. Separate the eggs and add the yolks to a large bowl.
2. Add the sugar.
3. Whisk until the mixture is thick and pale yellow. This will take 3-4 minutes.
ADD THE CREAM
1. Whisk some orange-cream into the eggs to temper.
2. Add the rest of the cream. Then, stir in the cardamom, orange liqueur, and vanilla bean paste.
3. Strain to remove lumps.
DIVIDE & BAKE
1. Divide the custard between four ramekins.
2. Place on a sheet pan and set it in the oven.
3. Add boiling water to the pan and bake at 300°F for 30-40 minutes. Cool.
TIME TO BRÛLÉE
1. Once the crème brûlées are cool, sprinkle with sugar.
2. Use a torch or broiler to caramelize the sugar until it's golden-brown.
3. Serve with berries and whipped cream.
THIS DESSERT IS THE BEST FOR...
- HOLIDAYS LIKE CHRISTMAS AND VALENTINE'S DAY
- DATE NIGHT AT HOME
- DINNER PARTIES
- AN EASY, ELEGANT DESSERT
Dollop some freshly-made whipped cream on top.
Add berries or orange slices.
Try a scoop of vanilla ice cream or gelato.
To make this in advance, just refrigerate the custard after it's cooled. Right before serving, add the sugar and caramelize. Enjoy!
HEY, I'M SARA LYNN!
At Sunday Table, we inspire others to find a love of cooking and entertaining through cozy, made-from-scratch recipes. Pull up a chair and and stay a while!
find more cozy recipes