THE BEST CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES
with candied ginger
skip to recipe
WHY YOU'LL 🤍 THIS RECIPE!
- These scones are buttery & flaky.
- They are easy & make-ahead.
- It's the perfect snack with coffee or hot tea.
- They have candied ginger for a spiced note!
find the recipe
THESE SCONES ARE GREAT FOR...
- CHRISTMAS OR THANKSGIVING BREAKFAST
- A HOLIDAY SNACK
- TEA TIME
- WINTER BRIDAL OR BABY SHOWERS
- Heavy cream
- Baking powder
- Orange zest
- Fresh or dried Cranberries
- Candied ginger
- Demerara sugar
full ingredient list
BUTTER + FLOUR
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, & orange zest.
2. Toss the cold butter chunks in the flour mixture.
3. Use your fingers to quickly 'rub' the butter into the flour.
1. Toss the cranberries and candied ginger into the dry ingredients.
2. Add the cream and egg.
3. Stir until a thick dough forms.
CUT & BAKE
1. Tip the cranberry orange scone dough on a floured cutting board.
2. Cut out the scones. Brush with cream & sprinkle with Demerara sugar.
3. Bake until the scones are golden-brown.
Serve the scones with salted butter lemon curd, or whipped cream! They also are delicious with coffee or tea. I love them as a tea-time snack!
THE SECRET TO FLAKY SCONES?
Make sure that your butter is very cold! I also like to use cold cream, eggs, & baking tools. The butter will melt and create those gorgeous, flaky, buttery layers.
more tips & tricks
EASY FREEZER SCONES
To freeze scones, place the cut scones on a sheet pan & freeze. Then, pop them in a bag and freeze for up to 3 months. You don't even have to defrost the scones before baking them!
HEY, I'M SARA LYNN!
At Sunday Table, we inspire others to find a love of cooking and entertaining through cozy, made-from-scratch recipes. Pull up a chair and and stay a while!
find more cozy recipes