RICOTTA LEMON CAKE
with strawberry buttercream
skip to recipe
WHY YOU'LL 🤍 THIS RECIPE!
- It's soft & fluffy.
- It's surprisingly simple.
- There's ton of lemony flavor with no extract!
- The frosting tastes just like fresh strawberries.
find the recipe
THIS DESSERT IS GREAT FOR...
- HOLIDAYS LIKE MOTHER'S DAY & EASTER!
- DINNER PARTIES
- JUST BECAUSE!
- Baking powder & salt
- Powdered sugar
- Freeze-dried strawberries
full ingredient list
MAKE THE BATTER
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients.
2. Cream the butter & sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, ricotta, & oil.
3. Mix the wet & dry ingredients together.
BAKE THE CAKES
1. Line 3 cake pans with parchment.
2. Divide the batter between the cake pans. Smooth.
3. Bake the cakes just until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
MAKE THE FROSTING
1. Crush freeze-dried strawberries.
2. Cream the butter, powdered sugar, & strawberry powder.
3. Add the vanilla, milk, and a pinch of salt. Whip until the frosting is fluffy.
1. Layer the cake with strawberries & frosting.
2. Frost the cake. I like a rustic naked cake but you can frost the whole cake too.
3. Decorate with berries, flowers, lemons, & more!
THE SECRET TO THE BEST STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM?
Use freeze-dried strawberries! They add a ton of strawberry flavor without any extra liquid. No puréeing, roasting, or simmering berries required!
WANT A LARGER CAKE?
You can make this into a 2-layer 8 or 9-inch cake if you want to serve more people. You can also make extra batter if you want 3 layers!
HEY, I'M SARA LYNN!
At Sunday Table, we inspire others to find a love of cooking and entertaining through cozy, made-from-scratch recipes. Pull up a chair and and stay a while!
find more cozy recipes