with roasted peppers & pesto
skip to recipe
WHY YOU'LL 🤍 THIS RECIPE!
- It's actually pretty easy!
- This appetizer is so impressive for guests.
- Everybody likes fried cheese!
- It's the best appetizer for the holidays or dinner parties.
find the recipe
- Bell peppers
- Olive oil
- Vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper
full ingredient list
BURRATA - Use mozzarella instead
PEPPERS - Try cherry tomatoes
THYME - Rosemary or oregano is delicious too!
ROAST THE PEPPERS
1. Slice the peppers into strips.
2. Add the slices to a roasting pan. Stir with olive oil, garlic, thyme, & salt.
3. Roast until the peppers are soft.
1. Pat the burrata dry to remove any moisture.
2. Very gently dredge the burrata in the flour followed by the egg and then the Panko.
3. Repeat to get a thick coating.
1. Freeze the burrata for 15-20 minutes. Start heating the oil.
2. Gently lower the burrata into the oil and fry for a few minutes.
3. Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
1. Place the roasted peppers on a plate.
2. Top the peppers with the fried burrata.
3. Garnish with pesto and freshly-grated Parmesan.
- Crackers or crostini
- Over tomato sauce
- With red wine for happy hour
- As part of a charcuterie board
Be very gentle when handling burrata! It's fragile, so you'll need to work carefully so it doesn't break when you dredge or fry it.
HEY, I'M SARA LYNN!
At Sunday Table, we inspire others to find a love of cooking and entertaining through cozy, made-from-scratch recipes. Pull up a chair and and stay a while!
find more cozy recipes