COZY PUMPKIN MORNING BUNS
the perfect autumn treat!
skip to recipe
WHY YOU'LL 🤍 THIS RECIPE!
- The buns are soft & fluffy.
- They're full of pumpkin!
- They make a great breakfast or snack.
- They're surprisingly easy.
find the recipe
THESE ROLLS ARE GREAT FOR...
- BREAKFAST OR BRUNCH
- A DELICIOUS AUTUMN TREAT
- SHARING WITH FRIENDS
- TEA OR FIKA
- Active dry yeast
- Brown & white sugar
- Canned pumpkin
- Pumpkin spice
full ingredient list
MAKE THE DOUGH
1. Make the dough and let it rise for a couple of hours.
2. Make the pumpkin filling.
3. Roll out the dough.
4. Spread the pumpkin filling over the top of the yeast dough.
FOLD THE DOUGH
1. Fold the dough like a brochure and gently roll.
2. Slice off the edges to create an even rectangle.
3. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into strips.
SHAPE THE ROLLS
1. Roll each strip of dough into a tight coil (like a snail).
2. Tuck the ends under the bottom of the rolls.
3. Cover and let rise until puffy, 20-30 minutes.
BAKE & FINISH
1. Brush each roll with egg wash.
2. Bake the rolls at 350°F until golden brown, about 16-18 minutes.
3. Brush the warm rolls with butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
MORE FILLING OPTIONS
If you don't want to use pumpkin filling, use jam, apple butter, cookie butter, nut spreads, or classic cinnamon roll filling.
MAKE-AHEAD PUMPKIN BUNS
To make the pumpkin morning buns in advance, either refrigerate the dough after the first rise and finish the next day. Or, shape the buns and let them second rise overnight!
HEY, I'M SARA LYNN!
At Sunday Table, we inspire others to find a love of cooking and entertaining through cozy, made-from-scratch recipes. Pull up a chair and and stay a while!
find more cozy recipes