Eggnog White Russians
These eggnog White Russians are made with classic vodka and coffee liqueur and topped with creamy eggnog and warm spices. Simple and cozy, this is the perfect cocktail for Christmas morning!
Last year, when we were visiting Marc’s family for Christmas, I got really into White Russians. Maybe it was because I had recently watched The Big Lebowski, but a majority of my free-time was spent lounging on the couch watching SNL while Marc mixed up coffee liqueur, vodka, and heavy cream. It was the bomb dot com. Since this year’s festivities will be smaller than usual, I fully intend on recreating this scenario for the next four days.
To make these a little extra Christmas-y, I went ahead and subbed the heavy cream out for eggnog and it was a great choice! I used to think that I hated eggnog, but I recently gave it another go, and I realized how delicious it is. I’m pretty sure part of the human experience is hating eggnog and then waking up one day and not hating it anymore. Guess I’m growing up!
Just a few ingredients you’ll need
The beauty of eggnog White Russians is that they require just a few ingredients! Holiday cocktails should be as simple as possible to allow for lots of cookie eating and movie watching. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Vodka: I usually go with something local, but I also like Prairie, Ketel One, or whatever’s in Kirkland’s bottle!
- Coffee liqueur: The traditional option is Kahlúa, but I like to use a coffee liqueur from a local distillery in town.
- Eggnog: Go with a whole-fat, higher-quality eggnog for best results.
- Spices: Nutmeg and cinnamon are the perfect toppers to add a little warm spice.
Let’s make a cocktail!
Making eggnog White Russians is so easy! First, add some ice to a rocks glass (or whatever pretty glass you like). Add the vodka and coffee liqueur and mix well.
Then, add a splash of eggnog to the glass. Sprinkle with some nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir right before serving!
For a less boozy drink…
White Russians can be a bit strong, so if that’s not your thing, you have options. Feel free to play around with measurements to your liking. Try adding more eggnog or reducing the vodka. You can also replace some of the vodka with coffee liqueur if you like more of a coffee flavor! Or, for an uber tame (but still boozy) drink, just replace the coffee liqueur with a little cold brew.
A make ahead version
If you want to make eggnog White Russians in advance, just multiply the ingredients by the number of cocktails you want, and stir up the ingredients in a pitcher! When you’re ready to serve, simply pour the cocktails over ice and sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon. The mixture may separate a little in the fridge, so just give it a little stir before pouring.
More holiday drink recipes!
Eggnog White Russians
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz coffee liqueur
- 1 oz eggnog
- Nutmeg + cinnamon to sprinkle
- Fill a rocks glass with ice. Pour the vodka and coffee liqueur over the ice, and stir to mix.
- Pour the eggnog over the liquor mixture, and sprinkle with a pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir right before enjoying!
xo Sara Lynn
The Christmas Waltz by Peggy Lee